Learn how to paint lavender flowers with watercolor paint. These flowers are easy to learn and are perfect for adding to floral bouquets.
This is part of my series for learning to paint flowers with watercolors.
Be sure to check out my first post on painting roses, the easy way!
This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing an item through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Paint Lavender
Lavender is one of the easiest flowers to paint. They’re perfect for painting on their own, in a vase, or as filler flowers in larger bouquets.
- Watercolor Paint (see links below for specific colors)
- Watercolor Brush
- Watercolor Paper
- Palette for Mixing
Mixing Watercolor Paints for Lavender
- Perylene Green – This dark, moody green paint is the perfect color for stems and leaves.
- Lavender – As the name suggests, it’s perfect for painting lavender flowers. (It does contain white pigment if that is a concern to you.)
Mixing colors to create the perfect colors for lavender is easy! I’m using pretty standard colors to create these mixes.
You might be interested in learning how to paint simple leaves.
Learn how to paint lavender flowers with watercolor paint. These flowers are easy to learn and are perfect for adding to floral bouquet paintings.
- Watercolor paint
- Watercolor paper
- Watercolor Brush
- Use green paint to paint a curved line for the stem.
- Paint round, skinny leaves at the bottom of the stem.
- Add lavender flowers to the top part of the stem by adding small dots of paint at the top.
- Work your way down the stem and make the dots of paint larger, becoming small lines.
You can add layers to paint to add more details and shading.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
ARTEZA 9x12" Expert Watercolor Pad, Pack of 2, 64 Sheets (140lb/300gsm), Cold Pressed, Acid Free Paper, 32 Sheets Each, Ideal for Watercolor Techniques and Mixed Media
Princeton Velvetouch, Mixed-Media Brushes for Acrylic, Oil, Watercolor Series 3950, 4-Piece Professional Set 100
MEEDEN Ceramic Artist Paint Palette Tray 7-1/2 by 4-1/3-Inch Rectangle Shape for Watercolor Gouache Painting
You Might Also Like:
Pin for Later!