Learn how to make a stamp brush in Procreate. Stamp brushes create reusable shapes with the touch of a brush. They have so many uses!
You may be interested in learning more about the brush studio in Procreate 5.
This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing an item through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Uses for a Stamp Brush
The more I use stamp brushes, the more uses I find for them! Stamp brushes can be used to create decorative shapes or for shapes that you use over and over again, like a logo or copyright info.
Here's some of my favorite uses:
- To make a circle. Use a monoline brush as big as you can get it to make a circle stamp brush. The circle can be used as a template for creating wreaths or round lettering.
- Using that same technique, you can create the best eraser brush ever! Make a giant one to erase everything in one go!
- I made a paint swatch stamp to use when I make color palettes to share. Best use of a stamp brush ever!
- For decorative purposes. For instance, you can make an intricate leafy design to add to designs.
- A stamped texture brush. You can add the perfect splotchy texture with a stamp brush or a texture.
- For templates. I just purchased this character creator pack and I'm finding it invaluable for creating people. Especially because I suck at drawing people. Use it on it's own layer, reduce the opacity, create a new layer to trace over the template. Ta da! Decent looking person!!
How to Make a Stamp Brush in Procreate
Scroll down to download this free star stamp brush for Procreate.
- Make a new square document.
- Draw your design.
- In the actions panel (wrench in top left corner), click copy canvas.
- Start a new brush.
- Open the shape editor and click paste shape.
- Use a two-finger tap the image to invert the colors.
- In the stroke path menu, change the spacing to max.
- Increase the jitter. I set mine to 107%.
- in the shape menu, increase scatter. I set mine to 57%.
- Increase rotation. I set mine to 30%.
- In the Apple pencil settings, change the opacity to 0. (Keep it at max if you want transparent stars.) You can also play with the sizes.
- In the properties menu, toggle on "Use stamp preview."
- You can also change the minimum and maximum sizes here. I set my max to 434%.
Procreate Brush Shop
I have a few fun stamp brush sets in my shop. Be sure to check them out!
Download a Star Stamp Brush for Procreate - Free!
These downloads are for personal use only. Please do not redistribute or sell.
Click to download a free star stamp brush.
Here's how to import brushes in Procreate.
You might also like:
- How to Make Brushes in Procreate
- How to Make a Calligraphy Lettering Pen Brush
- How to Make a Monoline Brush
- Make Watercolor Brushes
- How to Import Color Palettes in Procreate
- Make a Pencil Brush
- Make Inking Brushes
- Color Changing Brushes for Procreate
Pin for Later!